LATIHAN SOAL UJIAN SEKOLAH SMK
16. Desta : How about dinner tomorrow night ?
Tasya : I’m really sorry but something come up.
Desta : ... Let’s do it next week.
a. What time will we have it ? d. No problem
b. Which restaurant ? e. I’m starving
c. Sorry about that
17. Franda : Can I talk to the manager, please ?
Receptionist : ...
Franda : Yes. This is Mr. David William, the Blues and Tshirts.
a. Can I just take a message, please? d. May I know who is calling?
b. Could you spell your name, sir? e. Would you through to your boss?
c. Will you call him next time ?
18. Denia : What was Omar doing when ... yesterday ?
Kasim : Whe I entered the room, he was operating a computer.
a. you meet him d. you have met him
b. you met him e. you were meeting
c. you’ll meet him
19. Man : Do you want to join me to see the music concert on Saturday night ?
Woman : ... Do you mind riding me to the concert ?
Man : Not at all. Be ready before six.
a. Great ! I love it. d. I’m sorry.
b. Are you serious ? e. No, thanks.
c. Are you kidding ?
20. Rahman : I want to see the latest news updated. ... ?
Sarah : Sure, go a head.
a. May I switch the TV on d. Do you mind if I turn on the light
b. Is it okay if I switch off the TV e. May I sit down ?
c. Could you give me a magazine
21. Mrs. Anita : I have checked my bad headache and take the medicine but it’s still hurt
Dr. Fahri : ...
a. What about tell me more about your headache.
b. You must be hurt of it, right ?
c. What about checking it to other doctor ?
d. It’s better for you to buy some new medicine for me .
e. May I see your receipt.
22. Mrs. Rasty : ... it’s too heavy for me.
Mr. Hofman : Yes, wait a minute.
a. Should I help you ? d. May I help you ?
b. Could you lift it for me ? d. What can I do for you ?
c. Would you leave me alone ?
23. Laela : What do you plan to do this weekend ?
Romi : ... some college students will perform a great theatrical production in
a. I’ll have an overtime job d. I’m going to see a performance
b. I’m going hiking with my colleagues e. I go to Bandung everyday
c. I’ll buy some new records for our school.
24. Fahri : My mother offered me a new motorcycle, but I am not interested in it.
Risma : Really ? If I were you, ...
a. I would refuse the offer. d. I would take the offer
b. I will take it. e. I would have refused the offer
c. I would buy it.
25. Intan : People have trash on public streets. What do you think we should do about it ?
Dina : They should be required to pay a fine.
Intan : ... In fact trash everywhere can cause pollution, flood, etc.
a. I couldn’t agree more d. I am against you
b. I don’t think so e. That’s not true
c. I have no idea
26. Delila : Excuse me. I’m looking for a bookstore. Is it near here ?
Farel : Yes, ... and it’s on your left.
a. Just wait there d. It is open everyday
b. Go straight this road e. wait a minute
c. It’s about 5 minutes
27. Ferry : What does your father do after retirement?
Iqbal : He takes care of all plants and flowers. ...
Ferry : That’s really nice.
a. He enjoys being a florist. d. He is fond of doing business.
b. He loves gardening. e. He serves the customers in a hotel
c. He likes collecting vases.
28. Receptionist : Good morning, “ Kheir and Mell’s Restaurant,” Can I help you ?
Caller : Yes, ...
Receptionist : certainly, Sir.
a. I’d like to book a ticket to Aceh. d. May I book a single room for tomorrow.
b. I’d like to reserve a table for two. e. Can you prepare me a single bed tonight.
c. Can I reserve two seats for the evening concert ?
29. Fadlan : Do you think the mechanic will come soon ?
Tomy : .... He is always functual.
a. I doubt it. d. It depends on you know.
b. Certainly not. e. I don’t think he will.
c. I am absolutely sure.
30. Raffi : I haven’t seen Yuni since tis morning. Is she absent ?
Wanda : Right now, ...
a. she was out with a client. d. she’s made an appointment eith a customer.
b. she’ll arrange a new project. e. she was speaking with her boss.
c. she’s in the meeting room with the manager.
31. Irwan : How do you compare traditional market to supermarket ?
A B C
Marwan : I think supermarket is most convenient than traditional market.
32. There is the nearest cafe whose is near to the Military Academy. Many visitors often
A B C
come there because they like the fresh environment.
33. Aura : Yesterday I bought a nice bag.
Yeslin : Can you tell me how much is it ?
Aura : It is an big expensive bag.
Yeslin : I know from the material. It must be expensive.
34. My new secretary is very beautiful. She has blonde long hair and blue eyes. She is tall
A B C D
35. Mr. Josh : my uncle would have given me his old car if he promotes as the general
Mrs. Dessy : And the fact is ?
Mr. Josh : He hasn’t promoted yet and now he is retired early. He had some trouble
in his company and I knew that from Mrs. Julie, one of his friend.