Listening SectionClick here to do the Listening Section
I. Incomplete DialoguesQuestions 16 to 30, choose the most appropriate answer.
- Operator: "Good morning. May I help you?"
Man: "Good morning. May I speak with Mr. Jones, the Personnel Manager?"
Operator: "I’m sorry, he has a meeting until twelve. ...?"
Man: "Alright. Please tell him Mr. Ferry from PT. Abadi called."
- May I leave a message?
- May I take a message?
- Would you like to take my message?
- Would you tell him my message?
- Eko: "I need to type this document. ...?"
Yesi: "Yes, of course. I just have 2 more pages to print."
- Am I able to use the computer?
- Would I use the computer?
- Will I use the computer?
- May I use the computer?
- Deni: "You speak English very well. ...?"
Lia: "I’ve been studying English since Junior high school. It’s my favorite subject."
- How long will you be learning English?
- When did you learn English?
- What was your favorite subject in junior high school?
- How long have you been learning English?
- Receptionist: "Good morning. Can I help you?"
Caller: "Yes, .... Is that possible to get two double rooms for next month?"
Receptionist: "Of course, Sir. May I have your name and address, please?"
- I’d like to make a reservation.
- I’d like you to check my room.
- I’d like to reserve a table
- I want to cancel my reservation.
- Poppy: "Can the government eliminate corruption in the next five years?"
Mirna : ".... Law enforcement must be strictly applied."
- I think it’s impossible.
- I don’t think so.
- I think it’s possible.
- I disagree with you.
- Dewi: "Do you think we can get there on time?"
Anto: "Yes. If the traffic is smooth, ... before three o’clock."
- we would arrive
- we will arrive
- we would have arrived
- we are arriving
- Shop assistant: "May I help you, Sir?"
Customer: "Yes. I bought this pair of trousers this morning, but there is no button hole. ...?"
Shop assistant: "Do you have the receipt with you, Sir? We’ll replace it."
- May I return it?
- Do you like it?
- May I have a bigger size?
- Is there another color available?
- Hani: "This printer doesn’t seem to be working."
Rika: ".... It may have been unplugged."
Hani: "You’re right. Maybe someone used it with a laptop computer."
- Cut the cable.
- Check the cord.
- Unplug the cord.
- Use it for printing.
- Man: "Excuse me. Could you tell me how to get to the post office, please?"
- It’s next to the police station.
- Go straight ahead and turn right at the first crossroad.
- It’s around the corner from the station.
- It is located across from the shopping center.
- Boim: "It’s very hot in this room."
Inna: "Yes, I know. If we had more windows, ...."
- we will have more fresh air.
- we would have more fresh air.
- we will have had more fresh air.
- we would have had more fresh air.
- Tini: "My friends and I are going on a picnic this weekend. ...?"
Tina: "I’d love to, but I have to go to Surabaya this weekend."
- Are you going to Surabaya this weekend?
- Did you go with us?
- Will you go with us?
- Do you like going on a picnic?
- Yeni: "Do you have any plans for the weekend?"
Lusi: "Yes. ...."
- I will visit my uncle in Situbondo.
- I won’t do anything.
- I went to Surabaya on business for 3 days.
- I have been typing the document for an hour.
- Olga: "Have you heard the bad news about Novi?"
Julia: "What happened to her?"
Olga: "She had a motorcycle accident yesterday."
- I feel very sorry for you.
- I’m really sad now.
- I’m glad to hear that.
- I’m sorry to hear that.
- Rudi: "I am looking for a job. Do you have any information?"
Aini: "... to BKK? They have the latest job-vacancy information."
Rudi: "Good idea. I’ll go there tomorrow."
- Should I go
- May I go
- Why didn’t you go
- Why don’t you go
- Wiwit: "What did you usually do after school as a kid?"
- I am used to playing football in the afternoon.
- I wanted to play games.
- I used to play with my friends in the neighborhood.
- I was going to do my homework when my friend arrived.
II. Error RecognitionQuestions 31 to 36, choose the inappropriate structure in the sentences below.
- Rima: "The speaker’s pronunciation is excellent. (A) Do you think so?"
Eddy: "I’m not (B) surprised. She (C) is born in Singapore and (D) lived there until she was fifteen."
- Malang (A) are a fascinating city where you can (B) go shopping and sightseeing. You can shop all year round in our elegant shops, go for a walk in our (C) beautiful city park, or visit our wonderful museum. Plan your next (D) travel adventure in Malang.
- Sita: "(A) What is your hobby?"
Jaya: "I like many (B) things. I enjoy to (C) fish, especially on Sundays."
Sita: "Oh, that (D) sounds interesting."
- Eni: "You look pale. (A) Are you sick?"
Cici: "Yes. I (B) have a bad headache. If it gets (C) worse, I think I (D) would have gone home earlier."
- will go
- Bima: "(A) Who do you think (B) will be the winner in the next 100 meter Olympics race?"
Made: "I (C) can say that East Java sprinters have (D) the most good chance to win."
- will have been
- the best
- Operator: "Dringu Jaya transportation. (A) May I help you?"
Caller: "I want to (B) reserve 4 seats to Bromo for next Saturday at 9 a.m."
Operator: "Certainly, Sir. Please (C) coming here an hour before (D) departure."
III. Reading ComprehensionIn questions 37 – 50, choose the best answer A, B, C, or D to each question.
Questions 37-39 refer to the following text.
|From: Industrial Relations Office|
To: All Regular Staff
Date: July 3rd, 2012
Sub: Introduction of hourly-rate employees
Effective July 10th, thirty new employees will begin working in our production plant on an hourly-rate basis. This is an experiment to determine whether hourly employment would give better results for all aspects of our enterprise.
The new employees know that they are part of an experiment. Management encourages regular staff to discuss the program among themselves and with the new employees. After six months, we will assess the program to learn any lessons it may have for us. Meanwhile, we welcome staff comment.
- When did the tsunami happen in Pangandaran beach?
- In 2004
- On Monday and Wednesday
- How many people were finally reported dead?
- More than 1000
- “...,destroying scores of houses, restaurants, and hotels.” (Paragraph 3).
The synonym of the underlined word is ....
Famed International Pianist
Recently arrived from the Philippines
Jazz, modern, and classical pieces
Surrey Room, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Admission gratis for hotel guests
- Who is Mr. Alcuaz?
- A poet.
- A singer
- A comedian.
- A musician.
- Where is Mr. Alcuaz performing?
- In Surrey
- At a hotel
- In the Philippines
- At a jazz festival
- The word “admission” is closest in meaning to ....
- Room rate
- Entrance money
|To: "The Shoe People" |
From: "John Trimbald"
Subject: Customer Complaint
To Whom It May Concern,
I have trusted the Shoe People to protect the feet of my employees for over ten years now. I recently purchased a few pairs of boots from your company for my crew. Though my men were initially satisfied with the boots, the soles began to fall apart on them after just twelve weeks. This was extremely surprising considering they came with a six year warranty. The boots are unsafe to wear because my men are pouring hot concrete. Please respond as soon as possible with instructions on how I can return the boots and receive a refund.
Foreman, JT Construction
- What product was purchased?
- What is the purpose of the letter?
- To express gratitude
- To order a product
- To notify a payment
- To complain
- What was the problem?
- The price was too high
- The soles fell apart
- The delivery was late
- The product was too hot
(Click to see actual size)
- The table shows that the number of people who went to their hometown during Lebaran holidays ... every year.
- What means of transportation is mostly used by people every year?
- Private car
- Public transport
- Rent car
|Enclosed you will find your new “First Bank” Automatic Bank Card.|
Follow these simple instructions to activate it.
- For whom are these instructions written?
- Bank representatives
- New bank customers
- A security company
- Credit card holders
- What information will not be asked?
- Your birth date
- Your account number
- Your birthplace
- A personal ID number
- If your birthday is 09/14, what would be the best password for you?
- Your telephone number