1. With new technology, cameras can take pictures of underwater valleys …… color.
- A. within
- B. for
- C. in
- D. by
2. Physical fitness exercises can cause injuries …… the participants are not careful.
- A. that
- B. and
- C. for
- D. if
3. Black, red, and even bright pink diamonds ……
- A. occasionally to find
- B. occasionally found
- C. have occasionally been found
- D. have occasionally found
4. He is very proficient …… English, but very deficient …… mathematics.
- A. in – in
- B. in – with
- C. with – in
- D. at – for
5. An actress’s life is in many ways …… other women.
- A. alike that of
- B. like that of
- C. like of that
- D. alike of that
6. In order for people to work together effectively, they need …… each other’s needs.
- A. to be sensitive to
- B. is sensitive for
- C. sensitivity
- D. sensitive
7. …… great was the distruction that the South took decades to recover.
- A. Very
- B. Too
- C. Such
- D. So
8. I think my answer on the exam ….
- A. the possible best choice
- B. the best possible choice
- C. the better of all choices
- D. best beyond all choices
9. I will talk to the children ….
- A. one and then the other
- B. in singles
- C. first one then the next
- D. one by one
10. Despite of his broken leg, Allen can walk …. get around.
- A. good enough to
- B. well enough to
- C. good to
- D. fine enough to
11. …… a person wears eyeglasses, the more dependent on them he or she tends to become.
- B. The longest
- C. The longer
- D. If
12. This milk is ….
- A. not enough cool to drink
- B. not cool enough to drink
- C. not enough cool for drinking
- D. not to drink enough cool
13. In the West, the birth of a girl is welcomed with an enthusiasm …… to that of a boy.
- A. equally
- B. they are equal
- C. equal
- D. and equal
14. …… united effort is needed if the problem of the ‘underground economy’ is to be resolved.
- A. It is a
- B. A
- C. There is a
- D. An
15. The teacher spoke …. I couldn’t understand him.
- A. rapidly so that
- B. that so rapidly
- C. so rapidly that
- D. rapidly that so
16. We will not leave …. she arrives.
- A. until
- B. for
- C. since
- D. during
17. He is …. thoroughly selfish man; he wouldn’t lift …. finger to help anyone.
- A. the – a
- B. a – the
- C. the – the
- D. a – a
18. In recent times, the invention which has most changed the face of the world, most influenced the industrial development of the world, and …… is the automobile.
- A. most affected its culture
- B. most affecting its culture
- C. with most effect o its culture
- D. most to affect its culture
19. He is so honorable that I believe he is …. telling a lie.
- A.uncapable of
- B. incapable of
- C. incapable to
- D. impossible of
20. His grandfather owns a large …. in the country.
- A. vegetable’s farm
- B. vegetable farm’s
- C. farm’s vegetable
- D. vegetable farm
- A. The biggest one B. Of the biggest one
- C. One of the biggest D. There are the biggest
22. Generic medications are just as …… and much less expensive.
- A. effectively brand-name products C. brand-name products effective
- B. brand-name products as effective D. effective as brand-name products
23. He was laughing so hard that we thought that he was …… hysterical.
- A. real B. really C. that like real
24. The professor sometimes makes remarks that are not …… the topic.
- A. relevant with B. relevant to C. relating to D. relevant for
25. I have paid for so many traffic violations that I …… a regular customer.
- A. have almost become C. almost have become
- B. almost became D. have almost to become
26. Frank was very lucky to have escaped with his life; he almost did not get …… in time.
- A. out from the room C. from the room out
- B. out to the room D. out of the room
27. Her husband has a habit of speaking ……
- A. mostly bluntly B. most blunt C. very bluntly D. very blunt-like
28. It is difficult to understand many British actors, but some of them ……
- A. speak more clear than others C. speak more clearly than others
- B. speak clearer from others D. speak clearer than others
29. Why do you feel you effended your our hostess last night? I …… anything wrong.
- A. wasn’t not aware of C. wasn’t aware from
- B. wasn’t aware of D. wasn’t aware to
30. People in other lands laugh at our fashions because they probably cannot …. the styles
- A. adjust with B. be adjusted C. adjusting to D. adjust to